- A well earned deep cleaning (after many years of hard work)
- Replacement of faulty speaker (have wondered why it never spoke to you again?)
- Get better access to the drive wheel tachometer assembly (That is why the Roomba does the Mambo!)
- Replacement of the main brush motor (Where did my left red sock go?)
- Hacking fun with your Roomba electronics and sensors (Can your Roomba water your plants?)
There are almost endless reasons to get access to your nice little robot and my good friend Gordon Plews, a very experienced and technical contributor in the Roomba web universe, has a very detailed step-by-step instructions (with pictures for those who like that stuff) at his Roomba technical website:
Gordon's Instructions: Opening A Roomba Discovery (make sure you click at this link)
Don't blame me for the geek fun you will encounter! Enjoy.