First you need to get some basic soldering tools from your local or online electronics store:
- Soldering Iron w/Stand (This IS the main tool; get one with temperature control)
- Solder (Get 60% Tin/40% Lead for best results but you can get SAC305 for to be free of Lead)
- Flush/Diagonal Cutters (Important to cut leads close the circuit board)
- Handy Hands w/Magnifying Glass (Not Pictured but it helps hold circuit boards)
- De-soldering Tool (To help you de-solder electronics)
- Digital Multimeter (Helps measure Voltages, Amps, Continuity and other fancy things)
I also provide you with two "quick" videos (movies can help you learn better and faster by using the "Monkey See Monkey Do" technique; it always works!). The first is a quick basic How-To-Solder and the second is a bit more specialized for electronics soldering (much of what we do for robotics). Enjoy!